The precise origins of Bilbao have not been determined. However, a settlement had already been established and had significantly developed on both banks of the "ria del Nervion" before it officially became a villa. It was Don Diego Lopez de Haro V, lord of Vizcaya, who gave the city his title in the year 1300, due to its great importance as a commercial and maritime center at the time.
At the beginning of the 20th century, Bilbao was the great economic icon of the Basque Country and amongst the most important cities in the State. The city is now undergoing a new physical transformation, becoming more and more appealing to visitors.
You will be able to travel to The Guggenheim Museum, the Euskalduna Palace, a conference and music center, the plaza Ensanche, the Jardines de albia and San Vicente Church, the Abando area and the commercial center Zubiarte, the Gran Via, the Corte Ingles, the church of the Sagrado Corazon, The Arriquibar square, the Casa Alhondiga, Indautxu aera, the Bizkaia square, the commercial area, the Moyua square, the Bellas artes museum, the Dona Casilda Park, the Sagrado Corazon square, the University of Deusto and all the main buildings that represent the transformed image of this city.